With summer firmly on the doorstep, we couldn’t resist having a go at making these gummy bear lollies!
As if the Coachella festival goers weren’t lucky enough to have started the festival season off in such style! They we’re also graced with the premier of a Daft Punk and Pharrell (yes PHARRELL, dreamy) teaser!
We shivered with excitement when we watched the You Tube video recordings straight from Coachella itself. It’s fair to say we’ve not been this excited about the release of an album in such a long time. Who wouldn’t be with music greats such as Todd Edwards and Nile Rodgers collaborating with one of our all time favourites Daft Punk!
Random Access Memories is released 21st May’13 – and next a tour – maybe even some festival appearances, we sure hope so!
Ok so instead of a sleepy Sunday, we are injecting a little fun into ours today, and a little culture too!
We’re visiting the Tate in Liverpool too see the “Glam!” exhibition!
Glam! The Performance of Style, celebrates the golden age of Glam Rock, think glitter, think androgyny, think Bowie!
This weeks #saturdaystylefile is all about Neon.
Dream about summer climates, embrace the neon look and inject a bit of colour into your life. Neon’s are perfect for building stunning festival looks, shop the ‘Girl Meets Globe’ trend for your one stop festival shop.
Final thought? our ethos on neon – ‘worn, to be seen’
With all eyes on Coachella this weekend, we thought we would take a look back at who rocked it back in 2012!
1. Rosie Huntington – Whitley. If only we could all look this effortlessly chic in our festival gear! While we’re not sure how crisp and white our shirts would be after 3 days in a tent, Rosie’s denim cut-offs are our favourite festival staple.
Shop Denim Shorts here.> http://tinyurl.com/ce2f59m
2. Kate Bosworth. Kate keeps it casual and quirky in this tiger print tee. Add a hint of colour with some neon jewellery and Kate has has laidback look down.
Go wild in tiger print here.> http://tinyurl.com/bnv99n5
3. Harley Viera Newton. Dj, Harley keeps it cute in this cherry print cami. and cut-offs.
We’re loving the ditsy print on Harley’s cami, for a summery feminine vibe this season.
You shop our ditsy, floral print bralet here.> http://tinyurl.com/cxo8hjv
4. Cara Delevigne. Cara braves those night time cold snaps and layers up! Mix up colours and prints when layering to add that extra oomph to those dark denims!
Shop Dark Skinnies here.> http://tinyurl.com/c5og6oo
5. Dita Von Teese. Never one to give up the glamour Dita manages to looked perfectly preened in the middle of the desert! How does she do it?
Get Dita’s unmistakable 50’s style here.> http://tinyurl.com/ctg7mqv
We’re feeling the 90’s nostalgia here at PC HO today!
From the Preppy princess to the grungy gals occupying the grassy knoll and skipping gym class, we celebrate the 90’s teen queens and their unmistakable, style!
1. Clueless! Snaps on the courageous fashion efforts, for this one! Cher and Dion know how to make even gym class look Slammin!
2. The Craft! Light as a feather, stiff as a board. These witchy weirdos wore their clothes as black as their soles in leather and mesh maxi’s. Enchantment with an edge!
Shop the sheer maxi. http://tinyurl.com/buvkufe
3. She’s All That! We all love a good makeover movie but we can’t decide if we like art freak, Laney Boggs more pre or post makeover. But we do know one thing for sure, we really want a taco hat!
Shop Dungarees. http://tinyurl.com/ccgwlec
4. Dazed and Confused. Ok so it’s set in the 70’s(filmed in the 90s) but the seniors in this high school know how to haze in style. Que cut off denims, varsity tees and knee high socks!
Shop the look, here. http://tinyurl.com/blvtmhk. Complete the look in our Lucy varsity tee, Coming soon!
5. Cruel Intentions. Whether you are channeling the virtuous, angelic Annette and Cecile or the devilish and crafty Kathryn, we are loving the twin sets and pearls and the racy, yet sophisticated socialite chic, fit for plotting and picnicking.
We took a few minutes out at our recent SS13 shoot to have a quick chat with our make-up artist Michael.
What brands can’t you live without in your kit?
Ooh, there are so many great brands but some of my favourites are, Art Deco, Laura Mercier and Kevin Aucoin.
Any make-up artists who you aspire to and admire?
Oh yes, Kevin Aucoin, Marco Sarrasquillo and Charlotte Tilbury.
Which hair and make-up trends are your must-haves for SS13?
Make up wise I’m loving the 60’s inspired trend, monochromatic with a modern twist, think neutral hues and that perfect feline flick. The bold red lip is always a classic staple, pair with minimalistic eyes for that SS13 look.
Geometric partings with graphic lines create really structured partings, my favourite hair trend for SS13!
Any fave beauties you’d like to get your hands on?
I’d love to work with Rita Ora, and Lara Stone is one of the most beautiful people I’ve worked with, inside and out so I’d love to work with her again!